Friday 19 February 2010

Cultural artefact/ artifact?? Which way is it spelt?? The first looks right to me but I'm too knackered to check

I am going to the lovely poor mans Vegas tomorrow, Blackpool. So will not be updating my blog all weekend, so this is it before Tuesday's life writing lesson. I realised I had not talked about a cultural artifact or anything I am an expert in. I am not an expert in anything. I am extremely common,boring and normal.The only thing I am perhaps an expert in is strawberry cheesecake Haegen Daaz (see even that looks like it's spelt wrong. I'm sure it is but I can't be arsed to check) or the ability to tell you how many calories or points are in an item of food. (I lost 3 and a half stone 5 years ago at weight watchers, and therefore knew the points in every item of food. This knowledge has stuck with me ever since).

So, anyway lets get back on topic. I have been reading On Writing, A memoir of the craft by Stephen King. I assume this could be called a cultural artifact? It is an excellent book, and I encourage people to read it. Not just because Stephen King is one of my favourite authors, but because King actually gives very good advice on writing. It's a combination of biography, comedy, writing tips, sadness, happiness. I haven't been able to put it down. I also seem to use quotes from Stephen King's novels for my facebook status updates. Such as 'you can't polish a turd' and 'sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold on to'.

Really love his dry wit and his sense of humour. I particularly like how he said publicly in an interview that 'Britney Spears is trailer trash, that's all she will ever be' and 'Stephanie Meyer (Twilight author) cannot write worth a darn'. I actually like the Twilight saga, don't get me wrong, but I love the fact that King doesn't mince his words, he tells it like it is and if you don't like it you can piss off.

Anyway, I have a 2 and a half hour drive first thing in the morning, so I better sign off now. One more thing though, was disappointed with Eastenders tonight.I think for a live episode they did great, but Stacey as Archies killer?Was a bit predictable, I would have liked to have seen an old character come back and do it, like Sean or Joel, who have both had dealings with Archie.

Anyway, why I am I still typing?

Have a good weekend peeps xx

No comments:

Post a Comment