Tuesday 16 February 2010

Things to do during a power cut

1) Read

2) Write the old fashioned way with a pen and paper or if you have a netbook with a fully charged battery you can type

3) go for a walk

4) go for a run

5) go for a drive

6) cook some food if you have a gas stove

7) eat the food

8) have sex

9) masturbate

10) sleep

I'm sure there are other things you could do but these are what spring to mind. The reason for this post is because my street has had two fucking power cuts today.About 2 months ago we had a power cut at about 1pm. I was in the shower about to wash the hair dye out of my hair, which was rapidly turning black. The shower cut off just as I put my head under it. I had to wash my hair under a freezing cold tap, then drive to my friends house with dripping wet black hair to use her hairdryer. Today, we had a power cut at about 5pm. So hubby and me decided to go to Argos and buy a tent to kill some time, hoping that the power would be on when we returned. We don't just buy tents when we are bored by the way, we are going to go camping during the summer, so we went and got a 6 man tent, a lantern, a gas stove, 2 double airbeds with double sleeping bags and a cool box to put our food in.

When we got home power was back on, so I put Peppa Pig on for Harry and started writing my blog, and then waoowwww power cuts off again. Pitch black, scared screaming toddler, angry husband who had stubbed his toe in pitch black kitchen, dogs nextdoor barking like mad, and me cursing because I had just typed loads of stuff much better than this,which obviously got wiped off. Needless to say, I didn't do any of the things in my ten things to do during a power cut.I was too pissed off to have sex.

The first original power cut two months ago was because some dumbass had drilled through a main electricity cable underground. Fuck knows what happened today. I have been researching and planning my Disneyland Paris trip which we are going on in 6 weeks.I must be the only loser who downloads a timetable for shows and plans which ones we will go to, six weeks before we even set out for Paris. I have also decided, since it is half term at the moment to take my little angels to Blackpool Pleasure Beach this weekend.

I think I'm a pretty generous mom. TTFN my lovers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment