Sunday 14 February 2010

Man I am tired today, well hungover. Been a few days since I have posted anything. Last night was hilarious. Steven had booked this really posh restaurant, in the really posh Streetly area (where my mother lives don't you know...... in her detached 2 bathrooms, conservatory, brand new kitchened home, the bitch) well anyway, he never bothered to check the menu or prices. We sit at the little candlelit table, with a real red rose on the table and the waitress tells us its a set menu tonight. £50 each ! but you get a bottle of champagne, or £36 quid each without the champagne. Steven's face will stay with me for the rest of my life, I'm sure at one point he was going to say "come on Vic we are going somewhere else". In all fairness to him it was me that went on about the cost the most, I kept saying we can't afford this, and really? £50 QUID!!! for food? What? Anyway, as soon as Ste sat down he knocked a glass on the floor with the massive menu, dropped his knife and ordered the thyme chicken by saying to the waitress "can I have that theme chicken please?" I laughed inside. He tries really really hard, and does so much for me I'm very lucky. Then we went to the Glee club in an overpriced taxi, grrrr, I hate spending money unless it is on shoes, bags or clothes. The comedians were great, the host picked on us a few times asking us what our sex life was like now we are married etc, and asked Ste how he proposed etc etc. Lots of drinks later, we went home and were both starving, (our £50 quid 3 course meal was teeeny tiny !) so we had egg and chips and watched a bit of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. Then we went to bed and you know the rest .................

I feel very guilty as I only got Ste a jacket for valentines day, and he went to all that effort for me, and I feel worse because of the moaning I do at uni about him, when actually I am so lucky that I don't have a cheating, wife beating scumbag for a husband. So yeah, Valentines day has made me very aware of how lucky I am to have Ste in my life. I have already spent the Uni grant we get on 28/2/2010. We get £525 I think. I have used this to take my kids to Disneyland Paris in Easter, for 3 days, on a fucking coach! A 9 year old and a 5 year old on a coach for about 7 hours. Hmmmm. Well it was the cheapest option. But then, lo and behold, whats this? I type into google after I have already booked and paid for the holiday 'reviews for goldcrest coach holidays' and buggar me, pretty much every review is a bad one. Coach drivers are rude, not enough breaks, they don't empty the bog, not suitable for kids etc, etc. I am gutted,and as usual I have leapt ahead and booked something without checking it all out properly. It looks like my 5 year old is going to have to wee in a bottle while the coach is moving. Lovely.

Oh well, it could all go very well for us, you never know.Worried about uni work at the mo, have been lazy all weekend, not done much. Rushed that essay that's due in Wednesday, but its only worth 15% so I don't really care about it that much. Feel like I should be constantly working on uni stuff at the moment so I am on track and ready for upcoming deadlines, but just don't seem to have the motivation at the moment.

Also, my diet has been obliterated this weekend. Start again tomorrow :(

Anyway, off now for a sleep, still a bit hungover, but have had a lovely weekend.

Bye bye lovers xxx

1 comment: